White Bean Lettuce Wraps
White Bean Lettuce Wraps- Just 10 ingredients and 15 minutes to make this light and refreshing summer meal!
Are you guys ready for the most basic recipe ever? These lettuce wraps are seriously so easy to make, and are filling and refreshing to boot!
I have to give a shout out to my lovely grandmother for this idea. When we went home to Florida to visit for our gender reveal, she made us these delicious lettuce wraps and I instantly probed her for the recipe.
White Bean Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
What I love most about them is that there is no cooking required! Just a little bit of washing and chopping vegetables.
- Cooked White Beans- Using prepared white beans helps keep this recipe super simple. I like to use cannellini beans but great northern or navy beans will work the same. Just keep an eye out for brands with no added salt and BPA-free packaging, if possible.
- Roasted Red Peppers- Again, I buy roasted red peppers in a jar to keep things easy. Just drain the excess liquid, chop them up and throw them in the bowl.
- Fresh Parsley- Technically you could get away with not including this ingredient but I love the fresh pop of flavor it gives.
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts- Tangy marinated artichoke hearts are such an important component to the flavor profile. Just make
- Lemon Juice- The bright flavor of lemon juice works so well in combination with the other ingredients. I don’t recommend skipping it.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- We’re mostly including olive oil for flavor and healthy fats. If you like to eat oil-free then you could leave it out but it’s so much better with!
- Avocado- Another source of healthy fats, avocado adds a great creamy texture.
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder- My grandma actually used sautéed garlic in her wraps which was delicious but I’m lazy and used garlic powder instead. All of these can be adjusted to taste.
- Romaine or Butter Lettuce- Depending on what’s available to you, romaine or butter lettuce leaves both work great as a serving vessel for the filling.
How to Prepare White Bean Lettuce Wraps
Once you have your veggies washed and chopped, all you have to do is combine everything in a bowl and season to taste. From there you scoop the filling into the lettuce wraps and it’s time to eat.
It honestly doesn’t get easier than that, folks!
These are truly the perfect quick and refreshing summer meal. You can serve them for lunch, dinner or even as an appetizer or side item.
Want more quick and easy summer meals? Check these out:
- Grilled Vegetable Summer Salads
- Peanut Soba Noodle Bowls
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
- Kale Pesto Pasta with Burst Cherry Tomatoes
- Grilled Vegetable Hummus Bowls
White Bean Lettuce Wraps
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine or butter lettuce, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the drained and rinsed white beans, roasted red peppers, chopped parsley and artichoke hearts. Add lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic powder then stir to combine.
- To the bowl, add the avocado and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, to taste. Serve filling in lettuce wraps and enjoy!
Pingback: Super Easy Lettuce Wraps To Make for Lunch | Clean Plates
This a such a yummy yummy recipe! I left off the parsley and could have easily have done it without avocado if I’d wanted a pantry meal. Very easy and delish!
Pingback: Grilled Summer Vegetable Tacos - Making Thyme for Health