Summer Vegetable Tacos
Summer Vegetable Tacos- summer’s best veggies served with black beans and avocado cream in a tortilla. Just 30 minutes to make!
I feel like tacos are one of the easiest foods to make plant-based yet there are still so many restaurants that seem to struggle with it. All you need are beans, vegetables, and a good sauce for topping. That’s it! It’s not that complicated.
Making tacos at home is pretty darn easy though so I can’t complain too much. This version uses a few summer vegetables from the farmers market paired with refried beans and a creamy avocado sauce.
How to Make Summer Vegetable Tacos
With just a few simple steps, you can throw these tacos together in just 30 minutes!
- Sauté the veggies with seasonings such as cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Prep the avocado cream by blending the ingredients together until smooth.
- Layer refried beans (this is my favorite brand, sub regular black beans if desired) in the tortillas, top with cooked veggies, diced tomato and avocado cream.
- Stuff in your face!
These tacos are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight summer meal. There’s minimal dishes required and you don’t even have to turn the oven on. That’s what I like to call winning.
Looking for more easy summer meal ideas?
- White Bean Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Vegetable Hummus Bowls
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
- One-Pot Tomato Basil Quinoa with Cashew ‘Ricotta’
- Tomato Corn Orzo
Summer Vegetable Tacos
For the Tacos
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or prefered cooking oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 jalapeno, cored and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tortillas
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, whole or refried
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
For the Avocado Cream
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, bell pepper, corn, onion, and jalapeno. Sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and salt. Stir to combine. Cook for about 10 minutes, until vegetables have softened and are light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado cream by combining the ingredients in a blender. Add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to thin. Set aside.
- Once vegetables are done cooking, serve them in warm tortillas with black beans and tomato. Top with avocado cream, and enjoy!