Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal
Peaches and Cream Baked Oatmeal- made with juicy peaches and dairy-free milk, this prep ahead breakfast will keep you full and satisfied for hours. Dairy-free and gluten-free with vegan option.
We’re going back in time to revisit a recipe that I originally posted six years ago. SIX YEARS! Clearly it’s a good one since I find myself making it on a regular basis when peaches are in season.
Actually the last time I made it I added blueberries too and it was so good. But it’s also totally fine if you want to keep things simple and just go the peach route on its own.
Peaches n’ Cream Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
- Rolled Oats- I usually use rolled oats because that’s what I tend to have on hand. The texture ends up slightly chewy. If you prefer something less chewy, you can use quick cooking oats instead. However, steel cut oats will not work here.
- Non-Dairy Milk- Coconut milk makes for a super creamy texture but oat milk or almond milk also work great. Having a little extra for serving is always a good idea.
- Honey or Pure Maple Syrup- Either of these make a great natural sweetener. If you find the end result isn’t sweet enough for you, feel free to drizzle some more on top when you’re serving.
- Pastured Eggs or Flax Eggs- I’ve made this vegan and with eggs and both versions are great!
- Vanilla Extract- Because you can’t go wrong with a little vanilla.
- Vegan Butter- I prefer to use vegan butter (specifically Miyokos) because it tastes so darn good. That said, coconut oil is also a good option.
- Diced Peaches- Opting for ripe, sweet peaches makes for the best baked oatmeal. You could also add in fresh blueberries if you’re feeling lucky.
How to Make Peaches n’ Cream Baked Oatmeal
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the oats, salt and diced peaches.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and bake.
- Serve warm with milk and enjoy!
The best part about baking oatmeal is that you can prepare it the night before and wake up on a lazy weekend morning, throw it in the oven and relax while the tantalizing aroma wafts through your house. Or even better, for a quick breakfast during the week, you can bake it ahead of time and then reheat it in the microwave when you’re ready to roll. Trust me, you’ll never look back at oatmeal packets after you try this!
Looking for more prep ahead breakfasts?
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Chia Seed Oats
- Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
- Carrot Cake Waffles
- Horchata Chia Overnight Oats
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Peaches n' Cream Baked Oatmeal
- 1½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 pastured eggs, or 2 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats, certified gluten-free for allergies
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1½ cup diced peaches, approximately 2 large peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9” baking dish. Melt butter or oil in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, honey, and vanilla extract. Add the oats, salt and melted butter. Place the peaches on top. Stir ingredients until evenly combined. Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for several minutes then serve warm with a splash of milk (optional) and enjoy!