Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie- made with just 5 simple ingredients, this healthy smoothie tastes just like pumpkin pie! (vegan, gluten-free)
I hope you guys are on board with indulging in everything pumpkin right now because it’s basically all I can think about. The inspiration for this smoothie actually came from my local grocery store, EarthFare. It’s kind of like Whole Foods but on a much smaller scale. They have a smoothie/juice bar and are currently serving up a pumpkin smoothie that sounded so good I had to recreate it at home.
The ingredients are pretty basic and there’s a good chance you already have them on hand. Plus, if you’re only making one smoothie then you just need 1/2 cup pumpkin puree so it’s a great way to use up leftovers!
What Ingredients Do You Need?
- Pumpkin Puree- Depending on how cold you like your smoothie, you can either use room temp/refrigerated puree or freeze it into cubes in advance using a silicone ice cube tray.
- Banana- Banana helps sweeten the smoothie and give it a creamy texture without overpowering it with banana flavor. I used one medium-size banana for this smoothie which comes out to about 1/2-cup when mashed. The bigger your banana, the stronger the banana flavor will be so please keep that in mind. Also, if you’re not freezing your pumpkin puree then using too small of a banana will give it less of a smoothie texture. If you wanted to make it without banana you could try frozen cauliflower in it’s place but you might want to up the amount of dates you use or add liquid sweetener such a pure maple syrup.
- Dates- Not only do dates up the nutrient profile but they incorporate a caramel flavor that tastes incredible when paired with the pumpkin. The size of your dates will dictate how many you need. Typically Medjool dates are fairly large so just 1 is enough. However, if they are on the smaller side you will likely need 2 to 3.
- Non-Dairy Milk- Any kind of milk will work here. I like to use vanilla flavored for a little extra oomph.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- This is necessary for that pumpkin pie flavor! If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can make your own using a combo of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and ground cloves.
Still Craving Pumpkin?
- The Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Blender Muffins
- Gluten-free Pumpkin Cake
- How to Make Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Vegan Gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Thai Pumpkin Curry
- The Best Pumpkin Macaroni and “Cheese”
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix; see notes
- 1 frozen banana, medium size
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or preferred plant milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- coconut whipped cream for topping, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
I’m with you – I’m all about pumpkin right now! The coconut whipped cream looks perfect to top it off with.
Made this with coconut milk & Britton LOVES it. Tastes like drinking pumpkin pie haha
Aw yay! Grant loved it too. I need to make it again for him! :)