Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal- all you need is 8 ingredients to prep this healthy fall-inspired breakfast! (vegan + gluten-free option)
If baked oatmeal and pumpkin pie had a baby it would be this. The texture is slightly soft thanks to pumpkin puree and the flavor is just sweet enough with a hint of fall spice.
As it bakes in your oven, the scent of pumpkin pie fills your house. With each warm bite it feels like it’s wrapping you in a cozy blanket. It’s truly the perfect autumn breakfast.
HEALTHY PUMPKIN BAKED OATMEAL INGREDIENTS
- Rolled Oats- I usually use rolled oats because that’s what I tend to have on hand. I prefer the slightly chewy texture paired with the pumpkin puree, however quick cooking oats will also work.
- Non-Dairy Milk- My favorite variety to use is oat milk because of it’s high protein content and creamy texture, but any kind of milk will do.
- Eggs- I’ve made this vegan and with eggs and both versions are great!
- Pumpkin Puree– make sure you’re using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix!
- Pure Maple Syrup- Maple syrup is perfect as a natural sweetener in this recipe but you could also use honey if you like. If you find the end result isn’t sweet enough for you, feel free to drizzle some more on top when you’re serving.
- Vanilla Extract- I just love vanilla and use it in almost everything I bake. You can leave it out but you probably shouldn’t.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- This is what makes this baked oatmeal taste just like pumpkin pie. If you don’t have any on hand you can sub 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, and a small pinch of clove and nutmeg.
- Salt- Just a touch of salt helps balance out the sugar.
How to Make Healthy Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
My favorite thing about baked oatmeal is that it’s so easy to prep! Just combine everything in one bowl then pour into a greased baking dish and bake until firm. That’s it!
Toppings are completely optional but I like to add chopped pecans and raisins for a extra flavor and texture. You could also add chocolate chips if that tickles your pickle.
Served with a splash of milk or vanilla yogurt, it makes for a breakfast that you’ll look forward to waking up to!
Want more baked oatmeal? Check these out!
Healthy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 15-ounce package pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or honey
- 2 pastured eggs or 2 flax eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats, certified gluten-free for allergies
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9” baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add the oats, pumpkin spice, and salt. Top with chopped nuts or raisins, if desired. Stir ingredients until evenly combined. Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for several minutes then serve warm with a splash of milk or yogurt and enjoy!