1 Bowl Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
1 Bowl Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies- crisp edges and a chewy center, these gluten-free cookies are completely irresistible!
Say hello to your newest cookie obsession! Ok my latest cookie obsession. But I have a feeling once you try them, they’ll be yours too.
These little babies are chewy with crisp edges, and each bite sneaks in a little green. Trust me, eating your greens has never tasted this good.
How to Make 1 Bowl Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
My favorite part about these cookies is that they come together in one bowl. The less dishes we have to wash, the better!
- First step is to combine the dry ingredients (oat flour, rolled oats, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl.
- Next we add the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. It’s important to squeeze the excess liquid from the zucchini beforehand as this will help prevent a mushy texture which we don’t want. I like to use Enjoy Life dairy-free dark chocolate chips but any kind will work here. You can even chop up your favorite dark chocolate bar and use that instead.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil, egg (or flax egg), and vanilla extract. I prefer the version using an egg (the cookies will be flatter with crisp edges) but my taste tester likes the flax egg version better (they turn out thicker and less crisp but still delicious).
- Stir until a dough forms. It might seem like you don’t have enough liquid at first but trust me, you do. Just keep folding until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Obviously this step isn’t fun but it is necessary. This helps the dough firm up so that it isn’t too sticky too handle. Good things come to those who wait.
- Roll into balls then bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. I like to bake them closer to 20 minutes for crisp edges but the time may vary depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool then stuff in your face! My favorite part. :)
These have quickly become my go-to dessert and I can’t wait for you guys to try them too! Paired with a glass of oat milk, it makes for the perfect semi-healthy treat. ;)
Looking for more gluten-free cookies?
- The Best Vegan and Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dreamy Vegan Snickerdoodles
- Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Vegan Gluten-free Double Chocolate Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies
1 Bowl Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
- 1 cup oat flour, certified gluten-free for allergies
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, or quick cooking oats
- 1 pastured egg, or flax egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, patted dry and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, salt and coconut sugar.
- To the bowl, add the shredded zucchini, melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla and chocolate chips. Fold together until a dough forms. It might seem dry at first but keep stirring until it appears moist.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This step is necessary to keep the dough from being too sticky to roll into balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking sheet a few inches apart. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until light golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool before serving.