Tangy Cucumber Tomato Coleslaw
Cucumber Tomato Coleslaw- tangy and refreshing, this coleslaw is the perfect summer side. Just 8 ingredients to make!
I know I just finished preaching about how much I love mayo-based potato salad but there’s always room for mayo-less slaws and salads. One, because they’re so much easier to travel with and two, pretty much everyone likes them.
This tangy coleslaw is absolutely perfect for summertime because it features juicy tomatoes, cooling cucumbers and crunchy slaw in a simple vinegar based dressing. You only need 8 ingredients to make it (two of which are salt & pepper) and it comes together in a flash.
How to Make Tangy Cucumber Tomato Coleslaw
- Thinly slice the cabbage, dice the tomatoes and cut the cucumbers into matchsticks.
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Pour the dressing over top of the vegetables then stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes then serve and enjoy!
It’s so simple, I feel guilty even calling it a recipe. But it makes you feel good after eating it, you know?
The crunchy cabbage and bits of cold cucumbers absorb the tangy vinaigrette and the tomatoes give little bursts of juiciness here and there. It cools you off, fills you up, and keeps your belly from feeling like a big ol’ balloon afterwards. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Cucumber Tomato Coleslaw
- 1/2 head medium-size green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 head medium-size red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 roma tomatoes , seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, more to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced cabbage, cucumber and tomato.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper. Pour the dressing into the large bowl with the cabbage then stir to combine. Taste test to see if you prefer more vinegar or oil (to dilute the vinegar), or more salt & pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve cold and enjoy!