Easy Strawberry Pie
Easy Strawberry Pie- made with just 6 ingredients, this strawberry pie is the perfect light and refreshing treat for summertime! (vegan with gluten-free option)
We’re throwing it way back to a recipe that was originally inspired by one of my girlfriends in Texas. We met working together in radiology and she was always designated the one who would bring the desserts for whatever celebration was going on in the department at the time.
We designated her the dessert girl for a reason. She always brought the BEST treats and one of them was a similar version of this strawberry pie. It was basically just sliced strawberries and JELL-O in a pie crust topped with whipped cream. So easy yet so light and refreshing, and absolutely perfect for those brutally hot Texas summers.
Easy Strawberry Pie Ingredients
At the time I wasn’t aware where gelatin came from but as soon as I figured it out, I made it a point to recreate a vegan version of this pie. Since then I’ve made it two different ways:
- Quick and easy with vegan strawberry gelatin from Simply Delish. The first ingredient in this vegan gelatin is erythritol which is a sugar alcohol that’s used as a low-calorie sweetener. I personally don’t love the flavor of alternative sweeteners so I add a few tablespoons of cane sugar to the recipe. I also use a Wholly Wholesome vegan pie crust to save time.
- A bit more time consuming but also more wholesome, this No-Bake Vegan Strawberry Pie is made with agar agar and beet juice then served in a gluten-free almond oat crust. It’s ridiculously scrumptious but a little more work than this option I’m about to show you.
How to Make Easy Strawberry Pie
All you have to do to whip this up is:
- Prebake your pie crust, allow to cool then fill with sliced strawberries.
- Whisk corn starch with water then bring it to a boil.
- Add the strawberry (vegan) gelatin and sugar (optional) then whisk to combine. Remove from heat and allow to thicken.
- Pour it over top the strawberries in the crust. Set aside until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
Yes, I realize this might not be the healthiest of recipes I’ve ever published on my site but to me being healthy means allowing yourself the freedom to eat a variety of foods. Whether that’s kale salad or an easy strawberry pie, balance and moderation are key to a healthy lifestyle. So go ahead, grab a seat outside with a slice of this strawberry pie and enjoy every last bite!
Want more vegan pie? Check these out:
- The Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Silk Chocolate Pie
- The Best Vegan Pecan Pie
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Easy Vegan Strawberry Pie
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes (plus 45 minute chill time)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 and 3/4 cup cold water
- 6 ounces vegan strawberry gelatin (I used Simply Delish)
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 gluten-free pie crust (9 inches) (I used Wholly Wholesome)
- 2 cups vegan whipped cream topping (I like So Delicious Cocowhip)
Begin by baking the pie crust according to the directions on the package. After it has cooled, arrange sliced strawberries inside of it.
Combine cold water and cornstarch in a large sauce pan and stir until dissolved. Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat and then stir-in cane sugar and contents of vegan gelatin. Remove from heat and continue to stir until ingredients dissolve and it starts to slightly thicken. Pour mixture overtop of strawberries within the pie crust and set aside for about 45 minutes to an hour, until firm. Vegan gelatin doesn’t require refrigeration to solidify but you can refrigerate it if you like it cold, like me. Once firm, top with whipped cream, serve and enjoy!
Easy Vegan Strawberry Pie
- 1 prepared pie crust, such as Wholly Wholesome
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 packet vegan strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar, optional
- vegan whipped cream for topping, So Delicious Cocowhip is my favorite
- Begin by baking the pie crust according to the directions on the package. Set aside to cool.
- Once the crust has cooled, arrange the sliced strawberries on top.
- In a large sauce pan, combine cold water and cornstarch and whisk until dissolved. Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat and then stir-in cane sugar and contents of vegan gelatin. Remove from heat and continue to stir until ingredients dissolve and start to slightly thicken.
- Pour mixture overtop of strawberries within the pie crust and set aside for about 45 minutes to an hour, until firm. Vegan gelatin doesn’t require refrigeration to solidify but we prefer it cold. Once the pie is firm, top with whipped cream, serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: The link to the vegan gelatin is an Amazon affiliate link. If you decide to purchase it after clicking on the link, I will receive a small percentage of the sale which helps me keep this site alive running so thank you for your support!