Hemp Ranch Dressing
Hemp Ranch Dressing- a simple, dairy-free version of ranch made with just 6 ingredients! (vegan + nut-free)
Say goodbye to store-bought ranch dressing, my friends! Once you try this super easy hemp seed version, you’ll never look back.
Not only is it packed full of plant protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3s (which are very important for plant-based eaters) but all you need is 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it. Let me show you how it’s done…
Hemp Ranch Dressing Ingredients
First off, let’s talk about what you need to make the dressing:
- Hulled Hemp Hearts– AKA hemp seeds, these little nutritional power houses will be the base of our dressing. When blended with liquid they turn into creamy deliciousness that will take on the flavor of whatever you combine them with, very similar to raw cashews.
- Lemon Juice– any good ranch dressing has a nice tang to it and we’re using lemon juice to accomplish that here.
- Dried Dill– perhaps my favorite part of ranch dressing, dill is a major player in the flavor profile. You can use dried or fresh, just keep in mind that fresh dill will turn the dressing a little more green.
- Garlic Powder– another vital component, garlic powder adds savoriness and depth to the dressing.
- Mustard Powder– acidic in nature, mustard powder adds even more delicious tang.
- Sea Salt– because everything is better with salt.
How to Make Hemp Ranch Dressing
- You’ll need a powerful blender such as a NutriBullet, Magic Bullet or Vitamix. I prefer to use my NutriBullet because the small container lets me blend small batches at a time, usually enough to last me a week. If you want to make big batches to store for months or longer, you’ll need to sterilize your storage container and provide an airtight seal.
- To make the dressing all you have to do is place everything in the blender with water then blend until smooth. That’s it!
This hemp ranch dressing is perfect to use as a dipping sauce or for topping salads. I have a feeling once you try it you’ll never buy the store-bought kind again!
Looking for ways to use the ranch dressing? Check out these recipes:
- Barbecue Chickpea Collard Wraps
- Chickpea Flour Crepes
- Buffalo Chickpea Kale Salad
- Healthy Cobb Salad
Hemp Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients plus 1/3 cup water and blend until smooth. Taste test and add more seasoning if desired. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.