Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Bread
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Bread- made with a nutritious combination of oat and almond flour, this bread is naturally sweetened and infused with bright citrus flavor! (gluten-free)
Is it just me or does springtime instantly make you crave everything lemon? Lemon cream pasta, lemon granola bars, lemon tahini dressing, honey sweetened lemonade…the bright, refreshing flavor just keeps me coming back for more. Especially when it’s infused into baked goods with juicy blueberries. YUM.
If you’ve been a longtime reader of mine then you know how much I love the oat and almond flour combination for gluten-free baking. Oat flour binds surprisingly well, however it tends to be a little dense on its own. Adding almond flour to the mix lightens the texture and gives a rich, buttery feel, almost like birthday cake.
Bob’s Red Mill is the only brand of almond flour I ever use because I love that it’s milled so fine that it blends seamlessly into baked goods. The quality is always consistent too. Trust me, I’ve gone through many of bags over the years with all of the gluten-free recipe testing in my kitchen.
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Bread
The best part about this bread (besides the flavor, of course) is that it’s super simple to make!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and coat the blueberries in flour. This step helps to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
- Stir together the wet ingredients in a large bowl with the lemon zest. Smells so good!
- Add the dry ingredients and the blueberries to the wet ingredients then stir until a batter forms.
- Bake until golden and firm.
As you can see above, I topped mine with a lemon glaze that’s made from whisking 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice with 1 cup powdered sugar. This is totally optional and (if you want to add it) I recommend adding immediately prior to serving as it can soggy if it sits for too long.
Whether you want to bake something for Easter or just for fun, this lemon blueberry bread is the perfect springtime treat. I hope you enjoy it!
Want more lemon goodness?
- Vegan and Gluten-free Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Coconut Cookies
- Flourless Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Sugar Free Blueberry Lemon Compote
- Vegan Lemon Zucchini Muffins
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Bread
- 1 cup oat flour, plus more for coating berries
- 1 cup almond flour, not almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 pasture-raised eggs, see notes
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup non-dairy yogurt, see notes
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- zest and 2 tablespoons juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F then grease a standard size loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the blueberries and sprinkle with oat flour. Toss until they're evenly coated with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup oat flour and 1 cup almond flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, yogurt, syrup, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice. Whisk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet then pour in the melted coconut oil. Stir until a batter forms. Lastly, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until golden on the edges and firm in the center. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
This post was created in partnership with a brand that I have loved for years, Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions and text are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make it possible for me to bring you quality content. For more delicious recipes and a coupon for $1.00 off any product, please visit Bob’sRedMill.com.