Honey Sweetened Lemonade
Honey Sweetened Lemonade- all you need is 3 simple ingredients for refreshing homemade lemonade that’s naturally sweetened!
It can be easy to forget how incredible fresh lemonade is when you haven’t had it in a while. I was reminded of this when I bought some recently from a few boys who set up a lemonade stand in our neighborhood.
I thought for sure it was going to be made from some kind of powdered mix but I just wanted to help them raise some money since they were braving the sweltering heat that day. As soon as I took a sip I was delighted to find that it was fresh squeezed, perfectly sweetened lemonade. Mama’s raising ’em right!
How to Make Honey Sweetened Lemonade
Naturally I had to make some at home after I rediscovered how refreshing it is. I used raw honey to sweeten it since I rarely have refined sugar in my pantry. Here’s how to make it!
- Bring 1 cup filtered water to a boil then pour in the honey and stir until dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside too cool.
- Meanwhile squeeze 1 and 1/2 cups worth of lemon juice (this was a little over 2 pounds of lemons for me) into a large pitcher.
- Pour the honey mixture into the pitcher with the lemon juice along with 4 cups filtered water. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices, serve over ice, and enjoy!
It really is so simple to make and the perfect way to cool off in the summer heat. Feel free to add more or less water depending on how strong of a lemon flavor you prefer!
More summery dishes to pair with your lemonade:
Honey Sweetened Lemonade
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice, approx 2lbs lemons
- 5 cups filtered water
- In a small saucepan, combine honey with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and stir until honey has dissolved in the water. Set aside too cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, water and honey mixture. Stir together. Taste test to see if you prefer less lemon flavor. If so, add 1/4 cup of water at a time to dilute until desired flavor is reached. Add ice when ready to serve and enjoy!
Looks so refreshing!
Wow, this looks so refreshing! Your pictures are amazing! That one with the lemonade being poured had me wishing I was on the receiving end! :)
Hehe I would love to pour you a glass, Jerilyn! :)
I loveeee freshly squeezed lemonade! Actually, I’ve been loving all of the refreshing beverages lately. I had an iced mint matcha with almond milk earlier :)
Pingback: 50 Fun Things to Do This Summer (I Can’t Wait to Do #30)
i had a lemon tree and didnt know what to do with all the lemons. My husband said make lemonade. i said all the recipes have soo much sugar. then i found yours. i added a bit more water but it was perfect!!