Happy Digestion Green Smoothie Packs
Happy Digestion Smoothie Packs- packed full of healthy enzymes and probiotics, these smoothie packs make it easy to start every day feeling great! (vegan, grain-free, gluten-free)
Since I started working from home, green smoothies have become a regular part of my morning routine. It always makes me feel good knowing that I’m getting in a serving of greens before the day even starts.
I almost never made them when I used to work at the hospital because I always told myself I didn’t have the time. Blasphemy!
Taking 10 minutes to prep these smoothie packs in advance means that all you need is 5 minutes to throw them in the blender in the morning.
I’m telling you, it’s so easy and it’s sustainable too. The plastic baggies can be reused by giving them a quick rinse and letting them air dry throughout the day, and you can take the smoothie to-go in a ball jar fitted with a stainless steel lid and straw.
This combo has been my favorite lately because it is chock full of healthy probiotics and enzymes to keep your digestion in tip top shape.
Here’s what’s inside:
- Fresh ginger reduces intestinal inflammation and supports overall digestive and immune health.
- Lemon juice signals the liver to produce bile which helps keep your food moving through your digestive tract, and also aids in detoxification and reducing bloat.
- Dairy-free yogurt provides a host of probiotics that help with digestion and immune function. You can check out my dairy-free yogurt review for specific brand recommendations.
- Frozen Pineapple and pineapple juice contain fiber and digestive enzymes that help your body break down and efficiently absorb protein.
- Hemp Seeds offer an excellent source of essential fatty acids and protein to help balance hormones.
- Spinach is a great source of crucial minerals like calcium, zinc and magnesium. It’s also packed full of vitamins and protein!
- Cinnamon offers anti-inflammatory properties that aid in digestion and has been shown to potentially help lower blood pressure.
Not only does this smoothie taste delicious but I promise it’s going to make you feel like a champ.
And it might be frigid cold across the US right now but that’s no excuse to stop slurping your green smoothies. You might just have to wear sweatpants and wrap yourself in a blanket while you do it. Totally worth it. ;)
Healthy Digestion Green Smoothie Packs
Yield: 16 ounces
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (orange juice or dairy-free milk will also work)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- pinch of cinnamon
Fill a reusable quart-size freezer bag with pineapple, ginger, spinach, hemp seeds and cinnamon. Seal and freeze until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, combine contents of freezer bag with yogurt, lemon juice and pineapple juice. Blend on high until smooth, adding more liquid if needed to thin. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe makes one smoothie pack. Simply multiple the amounts by however many you would like to prep for the week.
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out by leaving a comment below or sharing a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #makingthymeforhealth. I love hearing your feedback!