Easy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Chocolate Avocado Pudding- made with just 5 ingredients, this decadent dessert is packed full of healthy fats and magnesium. Takes less than 10 minutes to make!
I have a confession…I’m obsessed with this avocado pudding. I even have a little song and dance that I do before I eat it. Thankfully Brandon is the only person who witnesses this performance because it’s mildly embarrassing. But I can’t help myself. It just makes me so dang happy!
I have a feeling you’ll do the same thing, especially once you see how delicious it is and that it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Can You Taste the Avocado?
I know some of you might be skeptical about being able to taste the avocado but I promise that you won’t. Once combined with the other ingredients, it’s completely masked by the chocolate.
The trick is to use good avocados, meaning you want them to be green and a little soft, not brown or stringy. When they are too ripe or bad, they often have a subtle scent to them. If you can smell that you will be able to taste it. A good avocado has a nice creamy texture with barely any scent to it.
Tips for Perfectly Ripe Avocados
I like to buy my avocados when they are super green and hard as a rock. Then I let them sit in my pantry (or on the counter) for a few days to ripen. Once they are just barely soft to the touch (be careful not to drop them or mishandle them), I move them to my refrigerator to halt the ripening process. This assures I have plenty of perfectly ripe avocados for up to 1-2 weeks.
What You Need to Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding
So let’s talk about the ingredients that give this chocolate pudding it’s superfood qualities:
- Avocado creates a creamy base that offers up a serving of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids along with a host of vitamins and minerals including magnesium, B-6 and folate.
- Cocoa Powder gives it a rich chocolate flavor along with a strong punch of antioxidants. Make sure it is unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Dairy-free Milk helps blend everything together while also adding calcium (if it’s fortified). I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Pure Maple Syrup acts as a natural sweetener. You can also use raw honey, date syrup or agave nectar.
- Vanilla Extract enhances the flavor even more. If you can find non-alcoholic extract that works best here.
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding
My favorite part about this recipe is that it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. All you have to do is combine everything in a blender. I like to use my NutriBullet because it does a great job getting it nice and smooth.
You might have to scrape down the sides in between blending to help it along and add more sweetener, milk or vanilla as needed. But that’s pretty much all there is to it!
Looking for more nutrient-packed desserts?
- Best-Ever Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- Vegan Silk Chocolate Pie
- Fudgy Sweet Potato Protein Brownies
- Vegan Protein Energy Bites (tastes like pb chocolate chip cookie dough!)
- Fudgy Grain-free Chocolate Cupcakes
Easy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides in between. Add more almond milk if needed to help blend.
- Taste test it to see if you prefer more chocolate flavor (add more cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon at a time), more sweetness (add a splash of maple syrup) or more vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container for storing. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Serve chilled with coconut whipped cream or your favorite toppings.