Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies- dangerously easy to make, these flourless brownies have an irresistible rich and fugdy texture! Gluten-free with vegan option.
If you’ve made my flourless tahini brownies then you’ll probably recognize that this recipe is based off of that one. The main difference is that we’re using almond butter in place of the tahini and adding coconut flour for a fluffier texture that’s somewhere between cakey and chewy brownies.
Because as much as I love super fudgy brownies sometimes I want the best of both worlds. You feel me?
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies Ingredients
- Creamy Almond Butter- You want to use a drippy, natural almond butter for best results. The only ingredients should be roasted almonds and salt. Peanut butter will work the same so feel free to substitute if you prefer. Sunflower butter can also be used for a nut-free option.
- Pure Maple Syrup- Used as a liquid sweetener, maple syrup helps add a rich flavor to the brownies. You could use honey in it’s place but I prefer maple syrup in this recipe for its thinner consistency.
- Vanilla Extract- You could probably get away without the vanilla but it’s worth it for extra delicious brownies.
- Eggs- Both regular eggs and flax eggs work in this recipe. Regular eggs make for fluffier brownies while flax eggs make for a more gooey, fudgy texture.
- Coconut Sugar- I like to use coconut sugar for its caramel flavor but organic cane sugar or brown sugar will work in it’s place. Just keep in mind they tend to be sweeter than coconut sugar so the end result will be sweeter brownies.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- Be sure to use a high quality cocoa powder for best results!
- Coconut Flour– We’re only using a few tablespoons of coconut flour for texture. You can leave it out if you don’t have any on hand.
- Salt and Baking Soda- Baking soda helps leaven the brownies so that they rise properly. I personally like my brownies salty so I add 1/2 teaspoon but I listed 1/4 teaspoon since I think that’s more appropriate for the average palate (assuming your almond butter has added salt). You can always sprinkle sea salt on top if you want more salty flavor.
- Dark Chocolate- My go to for dark chocolate chips is Enjoy Life brand but you can also chop up your favorite dark chocolate bar and add it to the recipe.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
As I said above, these brownies are dangerously easy to make. You just stir everything together in one bowl, transfer to a baking dish and watch them transform into fudgy magical bliss.
Fair warning, these brownies are highly addictive! They disappear very quickly in our house so be prepared to hide them if you want more than one.
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter, ingredients should be just roasted almonds and salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, or 2 flax eggs for vegan version
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then line an 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs. Stir together until smooth. Add the coconut sugar and continue to stir until a caramel like consistency is formed.
- To the bowl, add the cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir everything together until a batter forms. Make sure everything is as well combined as possible. You don’t have to worry about over stirring.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and fold together. Transfer the batter to the lined baking dish. Use a spatula to smooth it out evenly along the edges. Top with a few more chocolate chips, if desired. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting and serving.