Chunky Grain-free Granola
Chunky Grain-free Granola- packed with hormone balancing fats and plant-based protein, this clustery granola is perfect for any time of day! (vegan + gluten-free)
Have you guys heard of this new Pegan food trend? It’s like the Brangelina of paleo and vegan.
I’m not really a proponent of super restrictive diets but anything that promotes more plant-based meals is a win in my book. Even if it means grain-free with no beans. I think it’s good to switch things up sometimes and experiment with what makes you feel your best.
When you follow a plant-based diet it’s really easy to eat high carb and low fat. The other way around can be a little more challenging. Lately I’ve been trying to focus more on incorporating healthy fats into my diet. For example, I usually start the day with a bowl of coconut milk kefir topped with this Chunky Grain-free Granola. It’s packed full of hormone-balancing fats and protein thanks to a plethora of nuts and seeds. And it just so happens to have huge, swoon-worthy clusters for maximum munching pleasure.
The secret to getting big hunks of deliciousness in your granola is an ingredient I always make sure to have on hand…almond flour!
I’ve said this many times before but Bob’s Red Mill remains my go-to brand because I can trust that it’s been tested and certified gluten-free, and of course the super fine texture just can’t be beat.
Chunky Grain-free Granola Ingredients
Now the best part of this recipe is that the base is completely customizable!
- We start with 2 cups of mixed nuts. The varieties are totally up to you. My mix looked like this: 1 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup pecans. Cashews, pistachios or macadamia nuts would also be delicious. I recommend roughly chopping them as this helps the mixture bind together and form bigger clusters.
- Next we add in 3/4 cup seeds of choice. I did a mix of: 1/4 cup chia seeds and 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds. You could also use hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds or flax seeds.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut adds texture and dimension to the mix. Just 1/2 cup is all you need.
- As I mentioned before, almond flour is the key for getting big clusters here. Combined with the coconut oil, it helps bind all of the nuts and seeds together for a mouth full of goodness.
- Cinnamon, sea salt and vanilla extract enhance the flavor. If you’re not into cinnamon you can always use a different spice like cardamom or ginger.
- Last but not least we lightly sweeten the mix with just a touch of pure maple syrup. Honey, agave nectar or coconut sugar could also be used here.
How to Make Chunky Grain-free Granola
The best part about this granola is how simple it is to make.
- Combine everything in one bowl, stir together then spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 mins and BOOM. That’s it!
Please let me know how this turns out for you in the comments below! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do.
If you’re looking for more granola recipes be sure to check these out:
- Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Granola
- Honey Almond Chia Granola
- Chunky Blueberry Banana Granola
- Dark Chocolate, Almond, & Coconut Hemp Seed Granola
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
Chunky Grain-free Granola
- Preheat the oven to 325°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped nuts, seeds, coconut, almond flour, cinnamon and salt. Pour the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract over top. Stir until everything is evenly coated with liquid.
- Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet then transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring half way through. The nuts should appear golden and the granola should be fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Transfer to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This post was created in partnership with a brand that I have used and loved for years, Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions and text are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make it possible for me to bring you quality content. For more delicious recipes and a coupon for $1.00 off any product, please visit Bob’sRedMill.com.