Homemade Acaí Bowls
Homemade Acai Bowls are cool, refreshing and loaded with skin-glowing antioxidants! Enjoy one for breakfast or a snack on a warm summer day.
Have you ever had acaí? Similar to other dark berries, the rich purple color is attributed to its high antioxidant content which makes it a great healthy option for a summery breakfast or a snack. My favorite way to eat it is blended with frozen strawberries, frozen banana, and a little bit of coconut milk.
The smoothie portion is tasty enough on it’s own but what really makes the bowls so enjoyable for me is the toppings: hemp seeds, raw coconut, berries, bananas, and a good crunchy granola!
How to Make Thick and Creamy Acaí Bowls
- The trick for making a thick smoothie bowl is to start with just a small amount of milk and blend slowly so that the blender doesn’t get too hot.
- Stir in between blending and only add a small splash of milk, as needed.
- It takes a little bit of extra effort and patience but the end result is so worth it!
I like using a really crunchy granola because it’s softens a bit as it soaks up the acaí. So good! It really is the perfect treat to cool off with on a warm summer day.
Looking for more smoothie bowls? Check these out:
Homemade Acaí Bowls
- 1 packet frozen acai, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 medium frozen banana, sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegan protein powder, I like Nutiva Hemp Protein
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free milk, I like full fat coconut milk or oat milk
- To a high-speed blender, add frozen acai, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, protein powder, and dairy-free milk (starting with 1/4 cup and adding more as needed). Blend slowly and use a smoothie wand (or something similar that's blender safe) to scrape down the sides as you blend. Only add as much liquid as necessary- you don't want it to get soupy. It's important to be patient and blend slowly for a thick and creamy texture.
- Transfer to a bowl for serving and finish with desired toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!