Grain-free Double Chocolate Cake Pops
Grain-free Double Chocolate Cake Pops- Made with a simple and wholesome paleo chocolate cake mix, these moist and decadent cake pops are the perfect treat to share with someone you love!
Does anything say romance more than chocolate cake on a stick?
The answer to that question is: No. Especially when they’re grain-free and dairy-free. That’s not something you can typically find at the store which means they have to be made from scratch. Which automatically equals LOVE.
The good news is that you can make it seem like you worked harder than you did thanks to Bob’s Red Mill’s new Grain-free Chocolate Cake Mix. You only need 3 ingredients (in addition to the cake mix, which has a simple and recognizable ingredient list) and one bowl to whip it up. The best part is that the cake is so perfectly moist everyone will think you spent hours preparing it.
How to Make Cake Pops
Technically you could just top the cake with some icing and call it a day because it’s honestly amazing on it’s own. But if you want to up the WOW-factor then you can make them into lovely cake pops or balls. Here’s the gist of how it’s done:
- Prep the frosting and bake the cake the night before.
- The next day, beat the frosting until fluffy. Crumble the cake into the bowl and fold everything together.
- Roll the mix into balls roughly one tablespoon in size. Refrigerate for at least 30-minutes to an hour.
- Roll the balls in melted chocolate until evenly coated and top with sprinkles.
They truly are the perfect chocolate treat to share with someone you love! Even if you don’t follow a grain-free or dairy-free diet, the fudgy texture of the cake will blow you away.
Looking for more romantic desserts?
- Hot Fudge Chocolate Avocado Cake
- Vegan Silk Chocolate Pie
- Flourless Vegan Tahini Brownies
- 5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Easy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Chocolate Beet Cupcakes with Chocolate Avocado Frosting
Grain-free Double Chocolate Cake Pops
For the Chocolate Cake
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Grain-free Chocolate Cake
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ⅓ cup water
For the Chocolate Coating
- 9 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- Prepare the cake as directed on the back of the package. Allow to cool completely. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature overnight.
- Prepare the frosting by melting the chocolate and coconut milk together in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the frosting from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Using a handheld or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, whip the frosting until fluffy and smooth.
- Crumble all of the cake into the bowl on top of the frosting, making sure there aren't any large lumps. Using the mixer, beat the frosting and cake crumbles together until combined.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on lined baking dish or sheet and refrigerate for 30-minutes to an hour. Don't skip this step! It will help them hold together properly.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil for the coating. Whisk until smooth. Transfer some of it to a 2-cup liquid measuring cup (which is ideal for dunking).
- Remove a few cake balls from the refrigerator at a time. Dip a popsicle stick into the chocolate by ½-inch then insert it ¾ of the way into the cake ball. Dip the cake ball into the coating until it is completely covered in chocolate. Gently roll and tap the stick along the rim of the cup to allow excess coating to drip off. Top with sprinkles then poke into a block of styrofoam, a cardboard box or an upside down colander to dry. Repeat this step for remaining cake balls, removing a few at a time from the refrigerator. It's important to keep them cold prior to coating to make sure they hold together properly.
- The cake pops should set up within an hour at room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze (after fully set) for up to 6 weeks.
This post was created in partnership with a brand that I have used and loved for years, Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions and text are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make it possible for me to bring you quality content. For more delicious recipes and a coupon for $1.00 off any product, please visit Bob’sRedMill.com.