Easy Vegan Chorizo
Easy Vegan Chorizo- Packed with protein and healthy fats, this easy vegan chorizo is nutritious and full of flavor. Comes together in just 30 minutes!
Whenever I tell people what I do for a living, they always ask me where I get my inspiration from. The truth is that it often comes from multiple places. Like what produce is in season, what I’m currently craving, or what I think my audience might enjoy. But my absolute favorite place to draw inspiration from is our travels.
That said, sometimes our lifestyle doesn’t leave room for frequent traveling. So when I’m in need of some inspiration what I like to do is dream of location we want to visit then search the menus of restaurants in those areas. I did this recently while fantasizing about taking a foodie trip to New York City.
There are so many incredible vegan restaurants there it makes my head spin. One the most enticing options I came across was Modern Love in Brooklyn (owned by the incredible Isa Chandra). The menu is full of drool worthy creations but the one that especially stuck out was their chorizo nachos made with sundried tomato and walnut chorizo. I thought that sounded like such a simple and flavorful combination which would be perfect for an easy plant-based meal at home.
How to Make Easy Vegan Chorizo
- A food processor is key for this recipe so if you don’t have one, now is a great time to invest. You’ll use it to finely chop and blend the walnuts with the sundried tomatoes and seasonings, as well as finely chop the mushrooms.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a skillet and cook until they release their liquid. Add the finely chopped walnut mixture to the skillet, stir to combine and cook until heated through.
- Serve warm as tacos, nachos, on top of veggie spirals…the options are endless!
Although this vegan chorizo comes together quickly, it’s also great to prep a fews days advance. Then all you have to do is heat and serve as desired. My personal favorite is to make tacos with grain-free cashew tortillas, mashed avocado, and mango salsa topped with a creamy hot sauce (which is just vegan mayo mixed with sriracha). It makes a great option if you’re looking for a lower carb plant-based meal!
Looking for more taco recipes?
- Blackened Mushroom Tacos with Collard Green Slaw
- Lentil Carrot Tacos with Chipotle Sunflower Cream
- Crispy Tofu Bahn Mi Tacos
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Tacos with Avocado Cream
- Black Bean Pecan Tacos
Vegan Chorizo Tacos
- In a food processor, add diced mushrooms. Process until finely chopped. Warm a skillet over medium heat then add oil. Add the mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until they start to release liquid. Set heat to low.
- To the food processor, add the walnuts, sundried tomatoes, and all of the seasonings. Process until tomatoes are finely chopped and small bits of walnuts remain. Transfer the mixture to the skillet with the mushrooms. Bring heat to medium, stir to combine, and cook for about 5 minutes, until walnuts are toasted and the mixture is warm. Taste test to see if you would like to add salt or more seasonings.
- Serve vegan chorizo with warm tortillas and desired toppings, end enjoy!