Peanut Sauce Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
Peanut Sauce Tempeh Lettuce Wraps- crumbled tempeh is sautéed in savory peanut sauce and served in crisp lettuce wraps for a light and refreshing plant-based meal.
Now that we have a bangin’ peanut sauce recipe, let’s talk about how to put it to good use!
One of my all-time favorite ways to serve it in these refreshing lettuce wraps. The peanut sauce coats the crumbled tempeh and caramelizes as it cooks, resulting in savory tempeh bits that are beaming with flavor. Mixed with a few crisp vegetables for texture, it makes for a perfect summer meal.
How to Make Peanut Sauce Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
Once you have your peanut sauce prepped and ready to go, these lettuce wraps come together in a flash!
- First we lightly sauté the crumbled tempeh in a bit of sesame oil the cover to let it steam for a few minutes. This opens the pores of the tempeh so that it will absorb every bit of that peanut flavored goodness.
- Next we pour in the peanut sauce and stir as we cook the tempeh. The sauce will begin to caramelize and form a golden crust. Mmm…
- Lastly, we serve the tempeh warm wrapped in lettuce leaves and topped with fresh vegetables for color and texture. Top with a bit more peanut sauce and they’re officially ready to stuff in your face.
If you’ve tried tempeh in the past and didn’t like it, I urge you to give it another go with these wraps! The crumbled texture paired with the delicious peanut sauce is enough to make you forget you are eating tempeh. But you still get the health benefits, of course. :)
Looking for more delicious ways to eat tempeh? Check these out:
- Balsamic Dijon Tempeh Buddha Bowls
- Smoky Maple Tempeh Hash with Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Tempeh Bacon Bits
- Sheet Pan Cabbage and Tempeh with Mustard Tahini Vinaigrette
- BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches with Tangy Apple Slaw
Peanut Sauce Lettuce Wraps
- In a large skillet, warm sesame oil over medium heat. Crumble tempeh into skillet. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until light golden brown on edges. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for 3 more minutes.
- To the skillet, pour in the peanut sauce. Stir until tempeh is evenly coated while continuing to cook over medium heat. Serve tempeh warm in lettuce wraps with shredded veggies and onions.