The Liebster Blog Award + TMI
Hi! I am really excited about today’s post as I was lucky enough to be nominated by Nicole at Fruit’N’Fitness for the Liebster Award. Thanks again Nicole!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you this award
2. Post 11 things about yourself
3. Answer the questions asked of you
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
5. Nominate 11 people you think deserve the award and link them to your post
6. Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen
11 Random facts about me:
- I was born in the beautiful state of North Carolina
- My parents divorced before I was a year old and I was raised by a single mother. I can’t imagine having to raise two children on my own and I will always look up to my mom for her strength.
- When I was seven years old, I walked into a metal pole face first and chipped my front tooth in half (not cute)
- I played basketball in middle school and often tripped over my own feet before getting hit in the head with the ball
- I’ve always been described as “the tall girl” and am 5 feet 9 inches tall
- After graduating high school, I majored in communications because I dreamed of becoming a writer one day. However, I quickly realized that writing wasn’t the most economical choice and decided to go to school to learn how to perform Ultrasounds instead.
- I have a major germ phobia and have to wash my hands constantly (germaphobe= perfect fit for healthcare, right?)
- I am a horrible traveler and often pack almost everything I own
- I have moved more than twelve times (I lost count) in my life and have done a pitiful job at keeping in touch with my friends along the way
- My hair is naturally light brown and I used to bleach it blonde but decided to dye it brown a few years ago.
- I wish I could shrink my dogs so that I could bring them everywhere with me because I hate leaving them
Questions from Nicole
1. What is your favorite animal? This is a really hard question because I love all animals (monkeys, dolphins, elephants, etc.) but if I had to say one it would be dogs. I am a major dog person and wish I could rescue them all!
2. Freezing cold of winter or blazing heat of summer? This Florida girl is all about some summer heat as long as I have some water to cool off in!
3. If you had to eat the same meals everyday what would you pick? Greek yogurt with a whole grain English muffin for breakfast (that is literally what I eat every morning), any kind of sandwich that includes avocado and tomato for lunch and veggie pizza for dinner. I love pizza! Nom, nom, nom…
4. Favorite sporting event to watch? Without question, football! I love watching the Aggies play and am excited for the 2013-2014 season! Whoop!
5. Who is your biggest supporter? I am blessed with an incredibly supportive and loving family as well as the man of my dreams who, together, do everything they can to lift me up.
6. What is one of the biggest challenges you have overcome? My inability to trust. I won’t get into details (long story) but I have always feared the worst was going to happen to me and had a hard time just letting go as a result. These feelings put a huge strain on my relationship with Brandon but I have grown to believe in the good that is out there in the world and to put faith in those who deserve it.
7. Why did you start blogging? I had been reading healthy living/food blogs for years and wanted to connect with other people who share the same interests in healthy living and food.
8. Celebrity crush? Ryan Gosling. Ever since watching The Notebook (cried like a baby) I thought he was a cutie, but after seeing Crazy, Stupid Love…holy smokes! (Brandon, you’re still my number one )
9. What is your favorite form of exercise? I always feel best after breaking a good sweat and cardiovascular exercise seems to do the trick. Long distance running has never been my thing and I am not coordinated enough for dance so Body Attack is my first choice for a good cardio burn! Body Pump is a close second though.
10. Free trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? There are SO many places I would love to go, but if I could anywhere for free I would have to say the Maldives. It seems like the ultimate tropical escape and the over water bungalows look incredible. I could never realistically afford to go here and would gladly take two (free) tickets to paradise.
11. What is your favorite season fresh produce wise? Summertime! I love the heirloom tomatoes that you can find in the summer here in California and I am hoping to make it to the Heirloom Tomato Festival at Kendall-Jackson Wine Center later this year.
Eleven Bloggers I nominated:
- Hannah @ Clean Eating Veggie Girl
- Sonia @ The Mexigarian
- Taylor @ Greens n Chocolate
- Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
- Erica @ Coffee & Quinoa
- Beth @ Motor City on my Mind
- Anna @ Apron Hearts
- Natalie @ Cooking Quidnunc
- Ashlee @ His-n-Hers Healthy-n-Happy
- Ashley @ Life and Fitness by Ashley
- Abby @ The Frosted Vegan
1. What is your favorite vegetable?
2. Who are you closest to in your life?
3. Where is your favorite place to be?
4. What do you do for work and do you enjoy it?
5. Where is the coolest place you have ever traveled to?
6. Who is your favorite author?
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
8. What is your favorite part of your body?
9. What is your favorite meal of the day?
10. Have you always been healthy? If not, what made you want to start?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
And that sums it up! I can’t wait to hear the responses from other bloggers that I nominated! Have a great Wednesday!
Aww thanks for the nomination! I loved reading more about you – and funny coincidence: I started out as a journalism major, then switched to a health care field too due to a better job market too. I guess we can both get our writing done through our blogs now, right?! Can’t wait to answer my questions :)
I didn’t know you worked in healthcare, that is a funny coincidence! I’ll be looking out for your post soon!
Thanks so much for the nomination :) I also am a huge germaphobe, especially when it comes to walking around a hotel barefoot, it makes me cringe lol and I also wash my hands way too often!!
Ewwww, don’t even get me started on hotels! I always bring slippers and then clean the bottoms with sanitizer wipes when we leave. AND I always wipe down the remote control before touching it.
Thank you so much for the nomination Sarah! I loved learning more about you and I can’t wait to answer my questions and nominate others!
I can’t wait to read your responses too! :)
Thank you so much for the nomination! That means a lot :). I have been nominated several times, but have been a bad blogger ;) and have not filled out the survey myself. I am absolutely going to do my best to participate this time, though! Your questions look fun :).
I suspected you had likely been nominated prior but didn’t take the time to search and find out. Even if you just answer the questions without pictures it counts! We all want to know more about you. :)
I love reading these type of posts – it is great to get to “know” you better :) I can’t imagine being a germaphobe in the healthcare field! I am also a germaphobe but don’t have to touch people everyday!
I saw that you have been nominated too! I’m excited to see your responses, after the Puerto Rico recap, of course! :)
I love posts like these! It always makes me feel like I can get to know you better. And I feel the exact same way you do about leaving my dog to go on trips. I had to laugh when you said that you were majoring in Communications because you wanted to be a writer, but then you realized it wasn’t the economical choice. I was actually in grad school to get my master’s in Poetry (what you do with a Masters in Poetry, I don’t know… but I hadn’t considered that at the time) when I made the decision to switch to Library Science. Blogging is such a wonderful outlet for expressing that love of writing while you can still keep your day job.
It would be nice to follow our dreams but sometimes you have to choose something that will the pay the bills! I am sure you are an amazing Poet though. :) I agree that Blogging is a great way to express yourself through writing. It’s the picture part that I struggle with!
I wanted to be a writer too! still do. working on my novel for like a gazillion years it seems. (okay maybe 13) . I even majored in it until I switched to studio art. again, yeah, not so economical. lol.
thank you for the nomination. Going to have to sit and think and gather up photos for answers tonight :) I really like these posts. Kind of like seeing the woman behind the curtain sort of thing. get to know you better via interweb.
and I swear we had the same kiddie pool growing up. you could not get me out of that thing. even in november.
Wow, 13 years is a long time coming! I bet it will feel so rewarding when it is done. That kiddie pool was the best! :)
It was fun to read your “liebster” post and thank you for nominating me :)
You’re welcome Anna! I look forward to your responses!
Mmm veggie pizza would be on my every day dinner list too! YUM.
Ok, I hope you know what I’m talking about with this and I dont just sound like a weirdo…but have you ever heard anyone say that couples start to “look alike” after awhile? You and your man DO look alike! Such a cute couple :-)
And THANK YOU for nominating me!
I have heard that about couples looking alike. Haha, I’ve also heard that about owners and their dogs! Hope that doesn’t happen. Thank you for the compliment and I see what you mean. You are very welcome for the nomination and I’m excited to read more about you. :)
I love reading the things about you and your responses to my questions. Thank you for taking the time to fill it all out :) I wish I could shrink Bentley down to a purse size dog to carry with me too!
Pingback: Liebster Award | Clean Eating Veggie Girl