Ginger Pear Spritzers + Things I’m loving lately
Happy Friday everybody! I am so excited for the weekend. We have plans to get out of the house for a while and I am looking forward to some fresh air and sunshine.
Recently, I have seen a few articles that tout the health benefits of Ginger, so I’ve been on the lookout for new ways to incorporate the stuff into my diet.
I hope you aren’t expecting a recipe with fresh pureed pears and homemade ginger syrup (which I pronounce sir-up but Brandon thinks it’s see-rup. Would you like some see-rup with your dry cereal?)
This simple drink is one I threw together with store bought ginger ale, pear nectar, and a little lime juice. Doesn’t get easier than that, does it?
Ginger Pear Spritzers
- 6.8 ounces of ginger ale
- 6 ounces Pear Nectar Juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
In a glass with ice, layer the Pear Nectar and lime juice then pour in the ginger ale. Stir to combine and serve cold!
These are so refreshing and perfect for a sunny Spring afternoon.
Besides enjoying delicious spritzers, I also have a few other things that I’m currently loving.
1. Pottery Barn’s Cozy Robe- I bought this robe a few months ago when PB was having a sale and I pretty much live in it now. It is the perfect cure for a long day at work (after a shower, of course) or a relaxing Sunday morning enjoying homemade blueberry lemon donuts. I may have even slept in it a few nights because it is just so darn cuddly.
2. Drink Me Raw Kale Juice– I have been itching to get a juicer so bad and am currently debating on which one to get. If you have one you love, please let me know what kind it is! In the meantime, I am enjoying this store bought juice that is super healthy and loaded with raw kale.
***Update: After posting this, I learned that I did not enjoy this particular flavor. This review was based on the Kale, Orange, and Banana Juice that I tried which I find to be very tasty! :)
3. Helen’s Kitchen Bowls– as much as I would like to have time to prepare fresh lunches everyday, I don’t. I often run out of leftovers to take and need something quick and easy to thrown in the ol’ lunchbox. Helen’s Kitchen Bowls may be frozen but they are tasty and full of healthy fiber and protein.
4. Signs of Spring- I am not a fan of waking up when it is dark outside so I love that the sun is already shining when my alarm sounds at 6:30 am. I also love the trees here that are currently blooming so beautifully in preparation for Spring.
5. Thoughts of going home- We booked tickets to Florida to visit our family in May and I am beyond excited! I get to meet my twin nieces for the first time which makes me so happy. I also know my time there will include a trip to the beach with my Mom and I can’t wait to dive in to the water head first!
6. The Mowgli’s song San Francisco- I heard this song on the radio a few weeks ago and I love the upbeat tempo that makes me want to shimmy. Am I the only one who shimmies while I cook?
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
**Disclaimer: I was not endorsed or compensated by any of these brands for this post. I simply felt like reviewing a few things that I like and all of the opinions are entirely my own.