Easy Stovetop Cinnamon Apples
Easy Stovetop Cinnamon Apples- made with just 6 ingredients and in one skillet, these apples are the perfect topping for all of your breakfast favorites! (plant-based, gluten-free)
Who’s ready for apple picking season? I’m so excited I can barely stand it. Goodbye humidity and mosquitoes. Hello fall.
So listen, as soon as you get your hands on some apples, you absolutely have to try preparing them this way. The smell infuses your home with apple cinnamon goodness and the flavor is enough to take just about anything from meh to WOW.
Lately I’ve been loving them stirred into oatmeal with almond butter drizzled on top. Holy incredible. But of course the possibilities are endless. You can serve them on top of pancakes, french toast, overnight oats, yogurt, toast, bagels, cinnamon rolls…what other breakfast food am I missing?
Oh! How about wrapped inside of crescent roll with melted brie? Did you know you can buy vegan brie? You can and it would be so amazing with these apples. Sigh…looks like I’m going to have to buy some now.
How to Make Stovetop Cinnamon Apples
As the title suggest, these apples could not be easier to make. You only need 6 ingredients (most of which are pantry staples) and one skillet to prepare them.
- Melt the coconut oil or vegan butter in a skillet over medium heat. Side note: You could also use apple juice in place of the oil if you want to make these or oil-free
- Add the diced apples, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and apple cider vinegar to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Sauté for about 10-15 minutes, until slightly softened. For more tender apples, cover them for 5 minutes of the cooking process. This will trap the moisture and soften them faster.
You can store the prepared apples in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Plenty of time to enhance many breakfasts and/or desserts.
Looking for more apple recipes?
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Fluffy Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Waffles
- Almond Butter Baked Apples
- Detoxifying Green Apple Smoothie
- Healthy Apple Almond Butter Muffins
Easy Stovetop Cinnamon Apples
- 3 apples, cored and diced into 1-inch cubes (honeycrisp is my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegan butter, sub 2-3 tablespoons apple juice for oil-free
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼-½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, I like ½ tsp but you can add more or less depending on your prefercnes
- pinch of sea salt, optional
- In a large skillet, warm the oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add the apples, maple syrup, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until slight softened but not mushy. If you prefer the apples to have more of a soft texture you can cover them for about 5 minutes of the cooking process to soften them faster.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store an airtight container for up to 1 week.