Happy Friday! I’ve got another round of confessions today. Be warned, there is a lot of wedding talk in this post so if that’s not your thing then you may want to back out now.
1. We’re getting married on a Monday. I was a little embarrassed to reveal this at first because, well, who gets married on a Monday? It just sounds weird. That and it seems kind of rude to ask of your guests.
Let me explain.
Brandon and I paid our own way through college and the aftermath of student loan debt is like chipping away at an iceberg with a fork. The last thing we need is another pile of debt from a wedding. Fortunately, we have always agreed on wanting something very small and intimate for our special day. A short guest list made choosing a venue a lot easier but it didn’t change the fact that they set a required food and beverage minimum of $7500 on the weekends. On a weekday, however, they allow you to spend as little as you like.
With only our closest friends and family on the guest list, we were able to contact everyone to see if a Monday would be okay and thankfully, they love us enough to miss a few days of work. So we are getting married at a beautiful venue with everyone we love by our sides at almost a third of the cost.
2. I’m officially addicted to wedding blogs. I’ve been reading healthy living and food blogs for the past four years but I never bothered paying attention to wedding blogs. Now I find myself checking a select few everyday for new ideas and they are just so much fun to look at! Sometimes I cry but most of the time I just drool over all the pretty things.
For example, this wedding. Have you ever seen anything so gorgeous?
It’s become such a habit that I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop looking at them after we get married.
Here are a few of my favorites:
3. I’m horrible at accepting gifts. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me but I get uncomfortable at the thought of opening gifts in front of people. I feel so much pressure to react a certain way and then I just get really awkward after I open it. It’s not exactly Brandon’s favorite quality of mine.
Accepting gifts in the mail is much easier though. Like this thoughtful package Becky sent to congratulate me on my engagement.
Isn’t she the sweetest? This was before she even knew about the surprise blogiversary we threw her so it just goes to show why she is so loved so much.
4. I miss my family. As much as I love living in California, being an entire country away from my family is a real batch. Especially during the holidays.
Because we’re going home for the wedding in April, we’ve decided to save money and spend Christmas here and it’s killing me to be away from everyone.
Seeing how much my twin nieces and nephew have grown is just one of the many harsh reminders of the passing time. Staying busy is the only thing that helps to distract me from how much I miss everyone.
5. I ate chocolate cake for a post workout snack. Sometimes when I get home after a long day of work and an hour of exercise, I am literally starving. I usually have a few boiled eggs prepped in the fridge to hold me over while I prepare dinner but this deliciousness was just staring me in the face and I couldn’t help it.
I mean, it is packed with protein from quinoa plus healthy fats from the coconut oil and coconut milk. That counts for something, right?
We have some family coming to town which means we’re going to go get our tree this weekend! I can’t wait to make a cup of hot cocoa, light a fire, and look at the pretty lights.
Do you put colored lights or white lights on your tree? I think white lights look really pretty but we always put up colored lights.