Cauliflower Potato and Leek Soup
All you need is 8 ingredients and one-pot to make this comforting soup. It's so rich and creamy, no one would ever guess it's dairy-free!
Servings: 4 bowls
- 2 tablespoons oil or vegan butter
- 2-3 leeks (white and light green parts only) halved and thinly sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower florets approx 2lb head of cauliflower
- 4 cups yukon gold or russet potato cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 4 cups vegetable broth my favorite is Better Than Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped fresh chives, shredded cheese and/or croutons for serving
In a large pot, warm oil or butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Next add the garlic, cauliflower florets, thyme, and diced potato. Stir and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant. Pour in the broth and bring to a low boil. Cook until cauliflower and potato are soft, about 20 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Carefully transfer the mixture into a blender, or blend it in the pot using an immersion blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Taste test and add salt and pepper, as desired to taste. Pour back into the pot and warm over medium low heat, until heated through. Serve warm garnished with chives, shredded cheese, and/or croutons, and enjoy!
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 804mg | Potassium: 1165mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1289IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 7mg