Easy Minestrone Soup
You won't miss the meat in this simple and satisfying vegetable minestrone soup! It's the perfect cure for a cold winter day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 3 ribs celery finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 zucchini sliced into quarters
- 2 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry pasta of choice
- 2 15-ounce cans of beans drained and rinsed; I used kidney and cannellini
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- cashew parmesan and fresh parsley for serving
In a large pot, warm oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic, sprinkle with salt & pepper then cook for 5 minutes.
Next add the zucchini, kale and oregano. Stir together and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the diced tomatoes, tomato pasta, vegetable broth and bay leaf then bring to a low boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 7-10 minutes depending on the pasta you choose.
Lastly, stir in the beans and cook until heated through. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir to combine. Add more salt & pepper, if desired. Serve warm with cashew parmesan and fresh parsley (optional), and enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 950mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 9693IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 4mg