Vegan Lemon Zucchini Muffins
Made with wholesome gluten-free flours, shredded zucchini and fresh lemon zest, these muffins are bursting with flavor and nutrition!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or chia combined with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups oat flour certified gluten-free for allergies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons tahini tahini should be drippy for best results. Can also use melted coconut oil.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini squeezed dry
Preheat the oven to 350°F then lightly grease or line a muffin tin for 12 muffins.
Combine ground flax or chia with water in a small bowl then set aside to thicken.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, add the almond milk and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add the applesauce, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and tahini. Whisk until smooth.
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry. Add the shredded zucchini and flax egg then stir everything together until evenly combined.
Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full with batter. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until light golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 189mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg