Classic Vegan Potato Salad
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs red or yukon gold potatoes diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill relish
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons plain hummus
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
In a large pot, cover diced potatoes with cold water by about 1-inch. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for about 5-7 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool to room temperature, then transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hummus, vinegar, salt & pepper in a small bowl or large measuring cup. Whisk together until smooth.
To the bowl with the potatoes, add the celery, red pepper and relish. Pour the mayo mixture over top and stir until everything is evenly coated. Add more salt & pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days in advance.
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 730mg | Potassium: 718mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 43.5mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 5.5mg