Simple to make and bursting with flavor, this crisp is perfect to serve for spring and summer gatherings.
For the Filling
- 2 pints strawberries hulled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup/agave
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
For the Topping
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup/agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts/almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F then grease a 9 x 9” baking dish and set aside.
Combine the strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch or arrowroot. Pour in the honey and lemon juice, then toss until evenly coated. Spread along the bottom of the baking dish and set aside.
In a separate large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the topping and stir together. You should be able to press it together with your fingers. Spread the mixture on top of the filling, covering it on all sides.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the fruit begins to bubble and the topping is light golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
To make oat flour: grind 1/2 cup oats in a food processor or blender to a fine crumb. Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats for allergies.
Leftovers can be store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 92.7mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2.9mg