Vegan Macaroni Salad
All you need is 10 ingredients to make this dairy-free version of classic macaroni salad.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 8 ounces macaroni whole grain or gluten-free
- 1½ cups dairy-free mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cook the macaroni as directed per the package. Once tender, strain excess fluid then rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard. Whisk together then set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni with chopped vegetables. Pour in the dressing, sprinkle with salt and pepper then stir to combine. Taste test to see if you prefer more salt, vinegar, etc. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3285IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.2mg