30 Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes

30 Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes

Fridays are usually the day I sit down to meal plan for the week so that I can get my shopping done and make use of the natural light on the weekend. Somewhere in the middle of that is my attempt to be creative and think of a new recipe but I’ve kind of been lost in wedding land this week. Most of which includes searching for little things on Etsy or crying as I watch video after video, trying to decide on a videographer.

Not a photographer, but a videographer. Something that never even crossed my mind until I started planning the wedding. I stumbled across a video on one of the wedding blogs and it was all downhill from there. Over twenty films and a box of tissues later, I’ve been convinced that I need to have a videographer. Dang it.

So I’ve decided to put together a collection of easy recipes for those times when I’m distracted and need a few ideas for the meal plan. Some of these I’ve already tried and loved while others are ones I can’t wait to try. Hopefully you can find some inspiration as well! Happy weekend!

1. Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Lemon-Dijon Dressing from Dishing Up the Dirt

cailie

2. Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Kale Quesadillas from Cookie Monster Cooking

3. Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing from Ambitious Kitchen

04-IMG_8733

4. Basil Pesto Minestrone from Greens n’ Chocolate

5. Quick & Easy Creamy Tomato Mushroom Pasta from Oh She Glows

6. Warm Balsamic Kale Salad from Pinch of Yum

kale-salad2

7. Garlicky Swiss Chard with Sundried Tomatoes and Chickpeas from Dishing Up the Dirt

8. Boyfriend-Approved Spicy Black Bean Burgers from Eat Live Run

28. Tabasco Double Bean Veggie Burger from FoodRecipesHQ

veggieburger-0116

29. Linguine della via di Grotta Pinta 45 from Green Kitchen Stories

30. Mini Salsa & White Bean Loaves from Making Thyme for Health

White-Bean-Salsa-Mini-Loafs-209

• taylor @ greens & chocolate January 10, 2014, 12:41 pm

So many yummy looking recipes! Personally, I want to dive head first into that creamy cauliflower soup. Thanks for including a couple of my recipes too :) Oh and the videographer is SO worth it…we watched ours on our anniversary and it was pretty special.

• Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 10, 2014, 12:52 pm

I hope you’ll share YOUR wedding video with us :)

Happy weekending!

• Alexis @ Hummusapien January 10, 2014, 12:53 pm

I’ve been sooo bad about meal planning lately. I’ve been making a batch of soup or chili and then relying on eggs, sweet potatoes and avocado for random meals throughout the week. This list is inspiring me get cooking! Thanks for including me :)

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 10, 2014, 12:54 pm

LOVE this recipe round-up Sarah! Seeing as I was vegetarian for many years, I’m still partial to vegetarian meals. I definitely gravitate to them more often than not. All of these look amazing – not a bad one in the bunch!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Drool Worthy Pins #5My Profile

• Jordan Lynn // Life Between Lattes January 10, 2014, 1:22 pm

These recipes looks awesome! I’m bookmarking this!

• Sharon January 10, 2014, 1:22 pm

I’m loving the all of the round-ups! I’ve been feeling less than inspired and this list has sparked lots of interest. That thai quinoa salad and your salsa bean loaves are tops on my list. Thanks for the shout out, by the way :) Have a great weekend!
    Sharon recently posted…Turkey Vegetable Soup with Brown Rice Pasta – Gluten FreeMy Profile

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven January 10, 2014, 1:29 pm

Thanks for the shoutout! I’ve been eating a lot more veg meals lately mostly because I am so sick of chicken but I need to get more creative. Pinning!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…Your Success Does Not Depend On The Failure Of OthersMy Profile

• Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) January 10, 2014, 1:44 pm

I SO wish we would have hired a videographer but it just wasn’t in our budget at all. :( I’m sure you won’t regret it!
    Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) recently posted…Pork Tenderloin with Date Cilantro RelishMy Profile

• Becky @ Olives n Wine January 10, 2014, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the link love and for making my tummy growl from hunger after reading this! Now I have a ton of healthy deliciousness all in one place :)
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…J. Law, Chicago PD, Chocolate and Sleep SmellsMy Profile

• sonia the mexigarian January 10, 2014, 2:40 pm

We didn’t have the budget for a professional videographer, so we had one of my bridesmaids boyfriends videotape our ceremony and some of the reception until the film ran out. He captured the most important things and that was fine for me. :) I know my friend had one of her other guy friends iphone video the entire thing and it worked out well.

Love the recipe round up. So many yummy looking and sounding recipes!
    sonia the mexigarian recently posted…Happy New Year!My Profile

• Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} January 10, 2014, 3:21 pm

Love that you are getting a videographer! I too have burst into tears while watching strangers’ wedding videos. Makes me feel like the biggest sap ever! Unfortunately I can’t think of anything more awkward than watching myself on video, so I am skipping the videographer. Maybe we will get to see your wedding video? Thanks for including me in this round-up!
    Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} recently posted…Vegan Pumpkin Spice PancakesMy Profile

• FitBritt@MyOwnBalance January 10, 2014, 4:40 pm

If it makes you feel any better I said I wanted to “save money” on our videographer and the video came out great! The best part of it is that it clearly shows us saying our vows to each other.

These are great recipes! Thanks for posting!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Friday’s Food & Fitness: The Jumpstart January EditionMy Profile

• Kaitlin @ The Garden Grazer January 10, 2014, 5:09 pm

Hi Sarah!! AH what an awesome list! And thanks so much for including a couple of my recipes. So happy to have found your site! It’s overflowing with amazing looking recipes – can’t wait to try some!! :D
    Kaitlin @ The Garden Grazer recently posted…Roasted Veggie Wrap with Bean SpreadMy Profile

• dishing up the dirt January 10, 2014, 5:26 pm

So many delicious recipes! I’m drooling. Thanks for sharing some of my recipes too! Happy Friday dear.
    dishing up the dirt recently posted…Gingerbread Spiced ShakesMy Profile

• Cassie @ Rural Running Redhead January 10, 2014, 6:49 pm

My biggest regret from our wedding is that we didn’t get it on video. The day was so stressful and busy that I don’t remember that much of the ceremony…sad! It would be nice to have it on film.
    Cassie @ Rural Running Redhead recently posted…Throwback Thursday: That Time I Passed Out in AspenMy Profile

• Julia January 10, 2014, 10:16 pm

Yeeeeeeeah! I love this post! I’m always looking for fun and unique vegetarian recipes so I feel like I just found a pot o’ gold! Thanks so much for including my cauli soup and have a fun weekend!
    Julia recently posted…Mexican Cabbage Soup (guest post)My Profile

• Ashley January 11, 2014, 4:15 am

Thanks for including me in this Sarah! Such a great round-up – we’ve been eating meat only probably 1 to 2 times a week now so I love having all these new ideas. The quick and easy part is definitely an added bonus : )

I never thought I wanted a videographer but my mom insisted … so we just quickly picked someone. He was terrible lol – I’m glad I have some video but the way he edited the thing it looks like something from the 90s!! haha It’s so bad that we were actually cracking up as we were watching it – the effects are so silly! At least we loved our photographer!
    Ashley recently posted…Healthier “Brownie” Snack Bars (No Bake)My Profile

• Dani @FoodRecipesHQ January 11, 2014, 9:37 am

It’s a honour to be figured on your blog! Thanks.
    Never thought of a videographer either… You sound so passionate about it, must be great!

• Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair January 11, 2014, 5:14 pm

Such a good roundup of recipes! Thanks for sharing. I’ll definitely be making the roasted cauliflower soup soon.
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Mexican Chopped Salad with Creamy Jalapeño DressingMy Profile

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale January 12, 2014, 12:22 am

Awesome list, Sarah!!! I want to make EVERYTHING on here! I am doing a Paleo experiment this week in conjunction with a holistic nutritionist in Sydney (for the blog), so I have to cut out a lot of things. When these 7 days are over though, I’ll be all over these recipes!
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted…This Is It: Appreciating Each MomentMy Profile

• Kim @ BusyBod January 12, 2014, 1:36 pm

You pretty much saved my life with this round-up. I have been in desperate need of (new) quick vegetarian recipes and this is perfect! Thanks for sharing :)
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Weekly meal & workout plan {1/12/13}My Profile

• Peter January 22, 2014, 2:15 am

Basil Pesto Minestrone looks great, I am always looking for new ways to use pesto as I love it so much!