Grilled Peach Crostini with Goat Cheese & Mascarpone

crostini 303

I came back to reality full force with loads of laundry and a completely packed schedule at work. Can I just move to Tahoe? Pretty please?

I haven’t had a chance to go through all of the pictures we took from the weekend but they’ll be making their way on here eventually.

For now, you’ll have to look at grilled peach crostini’s smothered with creamy cheese and drizzled honey.

crostini 294

I’ve been drooling over all of the grilled fruit I’ve seen this summer and decided to finally jump on the train. While the thought of a grilled watermelon seems wrong to me (I like it nice and cold), grilling peaches seem so very right.

When I thought of what would pair perfectly with a crusty piece of bread and said grilled peaches, my Ricotta, Mascarpone, Goat Cheese & Honey Spread immediately came to mind.

crostini 172

To cheapify simplify things a bit, I left out the ricotta and used toasted walnuts instead of pine nuts. I love pine nuts but have you seen the price tag? Sheesh.

crostini 149

Really, they would be just as good without nuts but it gives them an extra little touch of fancy.

They actually turned out much smaller than I planned which is likely due to the fact that I bought the skinniest baguette on the face of the planet.

crostini 166

I would recommend getting a nice fat baguette so you don’t have to stuff your mouth full of one whole crostini or take two baby bites to get through one piece. (I couldn’t find a happy medium!)

crostini 235

The warm juicy peaches were to-die-for and all you need is a grill pan on the stove to make them happen. It’s a perfect treat for an evening at home with a bottle of wine or for an appetizer to share with friends and family at a party. Heck, you can even eat them for dessert if you want!

And if you’re wondering where the recipe is, I actually developed it for the Yummly blog so you’ll have to head on over to their site if you are interested in giving these a try.

Have you ever tried grilling fruit?

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 8, 2013, 3:14 am

I’m seriously drooling over these! They sound SO amazing! A perfect summery appetizer with all my favorite things. Yum!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…WIAW #9 – Weekend HighlightsMy Profile

• Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness August 8, 2013, 4:43 am

Holly took the words right out of my mouth- im drooling over these too! i want them for an app AND dessert. (… and probably for the main course too… i could probably eat an entire baguette worth of those)
    Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted…Top 8 Signs You’re an Introverted ExerciserMy Profile

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 8, 2013, 5:12 am

These look so good! I’ve never tried grilling fruit, but I’ve tried baking apples and pears and they’ve all turned out awesome. I don’t have a grill right now (no balcony so no place to put it), but hopefully in our new apartment!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Please Don’t Do This At The Gym.My Profile

• Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate August 8, 2013, 5:13 am

The only fruit I have ever grilled was pineapple but you are inspiring me to try out peaches next!

• Sarah August 8, 2013, 11:19 am

Mmm, grilled pineapple sounds good too!

• Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life August 8, 2013, 5:20 am

Thanks for introducing me to Sara’s blog! You are right, she is simply adorable and I will be definitely reading more! :)

Ahh I love mascarpone cheese so much, and I know how this is going to sound, but seriously nuts make everything taste better! Lol they have to be included! ;)

• Sarah August 8, 2013, 11:20 am

Haha, yes, nuts make everything better! ;)

• hillary | nutrition nut on the run August 8, 2013, 5:45 am

absolutely stunning, sarah. & i bet even more scrumptious!

• Jaclyn August 8, 2013, 6:16 am

This sound divine…I love crostinis. You can put just about anything on one!

• Ashlee@HisnHers August 8, 2013, 6:30 am

Oh gosh that looks SO good! I’ve been scoping out recipes to take to our Fancy Fantasy Football girls draft party and this is definitely a winner! I wonder how they would hold up over a couple of hours?

• Sarah August 8, 2013, 10:42 am

I think they would hold up okay for a few hours (no more than 2-3) but they probably wouldn’t be as good as they are served fresh. I personally like the peaches warm…mmm… ;)

• Rebekah @ fitnesscreatures August 8, 2013, 10:12 am

Girl. Um. These look amazing. I really want to make these. Next time I’m feeling a decadent break from Paleo, I’m making this. And you’re right about Sara. She’s the sweetest. Perfect little peach. And just as sweet in person, too! Your photos look amazing, by the way :)
    Rebekah @ fitnesscreatures recently posted…Stuffed Bell PeppersMy Profile

• Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} August 8, 2013, 10:27 am

These look out of this world! I’m sold on any crostini with mascarpone, not to mention the grilled peaches. Definitely making these next time I need an appetizer!
    Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} recently posted…Cold-Brewed Maple Almond Iced CoffeeMy Profile

• Davida @TheHealthyMaven August 8, 2013, 11:00 am

I am my own worst critic too! It doesn’t help that I compare my pictures to seasoned vets like Smitten Kitchen and Joy The Baker! If it’s any consolation I think your pictures are gorgeous. And those crotinis look fab. Haven’t tried grilling fruit but now I think I am for sure :)
    Davida @TheHealthyMaven recently posted…Carrot Cake Waffles-GF & VeganMy Profile

• Sarah August 8, 2013, 7:25 pm

Thanks Davida! :)

• Jan @ Sprouts n Squats August 8, 2013, 11:54 am

Those look delicious! I’m drooling over that goats cheese in particular :)

I don’t think I’ve ever grilled fruit before.
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…How I Prepped for Work TravelMy Profile

• Sarah August 8, 2013, 7:24 pm

You should try it! You don’t have to have a grill either, just a grill pan for your stove.

• Nicole August 9, 2013, 8:15 am

Girl, these look delicious! Totally my kind of thing.

As far as photography goes, I think that your pictures are awesome! I feel like the majority of the time I’m taking food photos, I’m doing so in a rush because I’m either short on time or starving and just want to eat the meal already haha I do much better with photos when I’m taking my time and have the patience to move things around at different angles! I admire people who have a good eye for beautiful food photography.
    Nicole recently posted…Strawberry Almond Oatmeal BarsMy Profile

• Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food August 9, 2013, 2:15 pm

Those looks amazing! I definitely pinned the recipe for later. I’ve never grilled fruit, but I’ve grilled lettuce before to make caesar salads and it turned out awesome!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Office GetawayMy Profile